Shift the Transfer of Information and facts Online with Online video
In my article titled, “Could Executing Fewer in Education and learning Give All people Much more?” I reported trainer speak is the most significant barrier to human connection in the classroom. The much more time instructors spend at the entrance of the home transferring info, the a lot less time they have to sit alongside particular person and modest groups of pupils to aid mastering and aid their person development toward studying goals.
1 technique academics can use to make much more time and area to connect with learners is to use the flipped classroom design to change the transfer of facts (e.g., lecture, mini-lesson) online with video. The flipped classroom product shifts management above the finding out from the trainer to the college student.
Benefits of the Flipped Classroom Model
- Learners regulate the rate at which they consume and process data.
- Students and their households have 24/7 access to a repository of movie instruction.
- Teachers spend fewer class time dropped repeating instruction.
- Absent learners or learners who transfer into course have accessibility to missed instruction.
- Shut captioning and management in excess of video clip speed boosts accessibility.
- Academics are freed to go all around the room, participating directly with pupils.
As teachers put together for a new school calendar year, the summertime is a excellent time to develop video clips for the instruction and explanations they uncover by themselves repeating more than and about once more just about every 12 months. Individuals foundational explanations that learners often need to have repeat exposure to are the excellent spot to get started when recording films simply because they pay back dividends, preserving instructors cherished course time!
When ought to lecturers make a movie?
If lecturers are planning to say the same matter the identical way to absolutely everyone, I counsel they make a online video and enable college students to self-speed by way of that instruction. Then teachers can use important course time for a lot more dynamic and differentiated studying experiences.
Flipped Classroom Product Mini-class
I’ve produced a mini-training course to enable lecturers 1) make effective tutorial films and 2) develop dynamic, student-centered mastering experiences all around individuals movies. This mini-course has 9 lessons with videos, templates, assets, and “your flip” software routines to aid participants place what they are finding out into follow. The purpose is for members to leave with a high-excellent instructional movie and a 3-component blended lesson that builds engagement all-around that video clip material.
Down below is a preview of the study course written content.
- The Flipped Classroom Design: How do I make your mind up when to make a movie?
- Making Your Instructional Video clips
- The Flipped Classroom Product: How prolonged should my video clips be?
- How-to video clip: How do I use the animation aspect in Google Slides?
- Mixing Movie into a Dynamic, Student-centered Lesson
- 3-component Movie Lesson: Pre-video clip Exercise
- Three-portion Video Lesson: Interact Students For the duration of the Video
If you would like to order this mini-course for several lecturers on your campus to assistance self-paced learning this summertime, fill out this type for a group level! You’ll be contacted instantly to coordinate a bulk obtain of licenses.
Want to learn much more about the flipped classroom design? Examine out this blog!